- Cook the rice is boiling water seasoned with lemon rind and a bay leaf for 15 minutes.
- Clean the squid, separating the tentacles from the bodies.
- Blanch the tomatoes. Remove the skin and seeds and cut into chunks. Sprinkle with two torn basil leaves.
- Blend 3/4 cup basil with 1 Tbsp. oil; drain the rice and mix it with the basil oil. Using a spoon, stuff the squid bodies with the rice.Close the bodies with the tentacles fastening them in place with toothpicks. Brush the squid with the remaining oil and brown all sides in a hot pan for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, decrease the heat to low, add pepper to taste and cover. Cook for another 10 minutes and add salt to taste. Serve.
Where to find these ingredients?
Look for sales in our latest Circular for ingredients to this and other delicious recipes.
Recipe adapted from: https://www.daringgourmet.com/chicken-teriyaki/